Vapeatron NewsVapeatron E-Cigarette ForumNew User FAQModel GuideE-Liquid InformationSuppliers and Retailers

Go Back   E-Cigarette Forums > Vapeatron Community > New User Introductions and Questions

Old 06-24-2011, 10:38 AM   #76
CartHeadMod
Quote:
Originally Posted by 40bikes View Post
There's the problem, aesthetically, with those jugs hanging out in the wind.
I go to the beach when I want to see jugs hanging out in the wind.....I have no aesthetic objections.....
CartHeadMod is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-24-2011, 02:59 PM   #77
40bikes
CHM, you're fast,beat Steam to the jugs comment.
How's your store doing?
40bikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 05:18 PM   #78
Steampunk
Banned
Quote:
There's the problem, aesthetically, with those jugs hanging out in the wind.
For bike week;admittedly, that's not a problem.
Steam will be here momentarily.
Who's jugs?!?!?
Steampunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 05:53 PM   #79
rglassmyer
Threadkiller/foot gourmet
woot, first juices showed up, I guess I get a crash course on refilling in the morning
I did finally get to that burnt taste on one cart, barely. Up until this morning I've been running on the batteries out of the box, as per instructions, to drain them out before the first full charge. I don't think my first few days of carts were really used as efficiently as possible, not that I'm complaining at all. Soon as my bats were fully ready for normal use, the plastic taste disappeared and the flavor was far better from a fresh cart. I'm excited!!!!!

Oh, sorry to derail the bike/jugs conversation :P
Old 06-24-2011, 06:10 PM   #80
Steampunk
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by rglassmyer View Post
woot, first juices showed up, I guess I get a crash course on refilling in the morning
I did finally get to that burnt taste on one cart, barely. Up until this morning I've been running on the batteries out of the box, as per instructions, to drain them out before the first full charge. I don't think my first few days of carts were really used as efficiently as possible, not that I'm complaining at all. Soon as my bats were fully ready for normal use, the plastic taste disappeared and the flavor was far better from a fresh cart. I'm excited!!!!!

What carts are you using?
Old 06-24-2011, 06:15 PM   #81
rglassmyer
Megacarts from Lecig
Old 06-24-2011, 09:38 PM   #82
Vapezilla
Dragon Rider
Quote:

Fresh cartos are the best!

Spitfire Mod
Saphira Mod Dragonian Mod
Dragonian Mod V2

Animals

Maps

vapist formerly known as RY

I was there the link worked in wrapping paper hell :P
Vapezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 11:25 PM   #83
40bikes
That's right Glassmeister no piggyback highjacking, I derailed it first. Dibs.
Old 06-26-2011, 02:11 PM   #84
rglassmyer
Checking back in, got thru my first over refill, gurgle gurgle, where's the hookah!?!?!

Seemed to be a disaster at first, but after the carts set up, mine turned out very well. My first vapor was the marlboro blend in the cowboy tobacco sampler five pack from freedomsmokeusa. I found the aftertaste to be much like marlboro tobacco, but the flavor itself reminded more of a blend between cherry cola and dr. pepper, not overly sweet though. It wasn't what I was looking for, but I found myself liking it none the less, I'm half way thru the bottle and haven't tried any other tobacco flavors yet. They eventually settled into very good vapor and TH, at 24mg they tamed the nic cravings the best so far...

Wife liked the flavor of her samplers, cream soda and vanilla extreme so far, both tasted spot on, but the strength was a bit much for her, we might dilute them down a bit in the future. She's been dragging her feet on finishing off carts thus far, but swears to be more committed come tomorrow, she's been thru a few hell shifts at her job all weekend long, can't really blame her.

I'm soon ready to order more cartos, possibly bigger batteries and save my 650mahs as backups. Trying to hold off till the fourth in hopes of catching some holiday codes, but I was curious if anyone had any good or ill thoughts of these?

808D-1 CE2 XL Clearomizers EMPTY 2.4 - 2.6 ohm - Clear Cartomizers - E Cigz Ecigs E cigs Australia Electronic cigarette Joye 510 , DSE 905 , 901 Atomizers Batteries Blue Foam Mega Batteries

I recall reading a post here that CE2s didn't work well until refilled properly. What's the proper technique? I've seen nothing else but great comments from everyone else here...
Old 06-26-2011, 03:13 PM   #85
Vapezilla
Dragon Rider
Quote:
Checking back in, got thru my first over refill, gurgle gurgle, where's the hookah!?!?!

Seemed to be a disaster at first, but after the carts set up, mine turned out very well. My first vapor was the marlboro blend in the cowboy tobacco sampler five pack from freedomsmokeusa. I found the aftertaste to be much like marlboro tobacco, but the flavor itself reminded more of a blend between cherry cola and dr. pepper, not overly sweet though. It wasn't what I was looking for, but I found myself liking it none the less, I'm half way thru the bottle and haven't tried any other tobacco flavors yet. They eventually settled into very good vapor and TH, at 24mg they tamed the nic cravings the best so far...

Wife liked the flavor of her samplers, cream soda and vanilla extreme so far, both tasted spot on, but the strength was a bit much for her, we might dilute them down a bit in the future. She's been dragging her feet on finishing off carts thus far, but swears to be more committed come tomorrow, she's been thru a few hell shifts at her job all weekend long, can't really blame her.

I'm soon ready to order more cartos, possibly bigger batteries and save my 650mahs as backups. Trying to hold off till the fourth in hopes of catching some holiday codes, but I was curious if anyone had any good or ill thoughts of these?

808D-1 CE2 XL Clearomizers EMPTY 2.4 - 2.6 ohm - Clear Cartomizers - E Cigz Ecigs E cigs Australia Electronic cigarette Joye 510 , DSE 905 , 901 Atomizers Batteries Blue Foam Mega Batteries

I recall reading a post here that CE2s didn't work well until refilled properly. What's the proper technique? I've seen nothing else but great comments from everyone else here...
Yep, stress or high stress situations can make it difficult to overcome cravings. I've had a hard time here lately. I have fallen off the wagon a couple of times since I started last Oct. with the last binge about 2-3 weekends ago. Some days have been very difficult but just vape more till it passes. So far so good. Tell her to hang in there.

I haven't used those as I mentioned to ya earlier but maybe some here might have some good advice for ya.

Spitfire Mod
Dragonian Mod V2

Animals

Maps

Old 06-26-2011, 03:27 PM   #86
40bikes
RG, first of all the price is normal ,I think $AUS is running .9US to one;then you get to shipping which could easily double the per unit price.
CE2s have a sorted history with many iterations and you never know what you're going to get. One of our members/suppliers Storynite developed the syringe mod for the CE2s
which resulted in the RS factory coming out with the clearomisers. The plastic tube is one of the iterations.
A CE2 has had a problem with production fluids and primers which cause them to taste foul and the remedy was to basically take them apart and burn the wicks to remove contaminants and reassemble. not a huge operation but it shouldn't be necessary to fix a factory problem. I think the current bunch are fixed so the ones you order will probably OK but there's no telling with these things;"when they are good they are very,very good and when they are bad they are horrid"
Pull the first two caps, locate one of the injection ports and using a syringe filled with the appropriate amount of juice and equipped withan 18 GA needle and fill to bottom of ceramic cup insert in port and fill. (If you use a #22 needle and VG heavy juice,an intermediate step would be to put on a pot of coffee and the "Joe" should be ready by the time you've filled one cart) the little plastic needle the factory provides is useless.
When the coil gets coated ing baked on crud you can decide if the carts are for you and plunge into the more indelicate procedures. I'll try to walk you through my procedures; bring a chainsaw, cutting torch, tin snips and 8lb. sledge for that lab.
Old 06-26-2011, 03:38 PM   #87
rglassmyer
lol, no more detail necessary, if they're that chancy, and oh so convenient, I think I'm turned off to them...
Old 06-26-2011, 04:11 PM   #88
40bikes
RG,it's not quite as bad as I make it out,but for the recent convert all of this stuff can be overwhelming.
I got used to "compensating" for the CE2 shortcomings because when the adjustments are made the performance is tremendous,compared to reg. cartos. I have about 65 E2s in my stache so I'm kind of committed economically.
If you have big batteries and aren't worried about the mosfet switches I've had good luck with Boge cartos, the new dual coils,LR atties from greenhouseone,AND CE2s but only after modification. Very steep learning curve on this stuff,and you can see the diversity of opinions because of the subjectivity of each persons requirements. You and your wife will sort it out, it's worth the effort.
Old 06-26-2011, 04:25 PM   #89
rglassmyer
Yar, I don't see myself quitting soon, and your right, I don't want to dive in too deep so quickly either. I've been recommended not to touch the dual coils without at least a 900mah battery, and my kit came with 650s. We originally got 10 cartos, and the flavor wasn't the greatest for me prefilled when we first got them, but now that I've tried some juice that I consider to be decent, the prefilled ones do taste better, much less like plastic and a bit sweeter than they did at first. Even if wife can't get on board with it as I'd like her to, I still intend to try to stick to only 6 or so analogs per day, which is a quarter of what I used to smoke.

I just started on my second round of refills, same two carts two fills in a row, and it's back to being a pita, I'm gonna have to clean after this round I think. I'm just anxious to have 20 or 30 carts on hand so I can rotate them and not be forced with one flavor, prefilled or not, till wife gets around to burning hers up. Something in me just refuses to boil the prefill out, guess it's a PA thing

More practice then, and I've no doubt there's still a cartoload more to learn about the hobby

I didn't intend to come off as complaining about prices in previous posts either, btw. We aren't exactly poor here, but I was brought up that way, so I save as much as I can, whenever I can...

Last edited by rglassmyer; 06-27-2011 at 06:14 AM..
rglassmyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 05:34 PM   #90
Vapezilla
Dragon Rider
Feel free to complain about prices... I do. Don't matter if you have money or not, always better to save and I love a good sale. There are times I may pay more for something though just so I don't have to put up with crappy customer service.

Spitfire Mod
Dragonian Mod V2

Animals

Maps

Old 06-26-2011, 09:30 PM   #91
Steampunk
Banned
Quote:
RG,it's not quite as bad as I make it out,but for the recent convert all of this stuff can be overwhelming.
I got used to "compensating" for the CE2 shortcomings because when the adjustments are made the performance is tremendous,compared to reg. cartos. I have about 65 E2s in my stache so I'm kind of committed economically.
YIKES! I only have about 45!

How do you 'modify' them?
Old 06-27-2011, 12:40 AM   #92
40bikes
Steam,I also have 30- 2.0 boges,20- 3.0Boges,and 25- dual coils and about 80 various and sundry bottles of eliquids. Think hoarder. Also hoarding ammo Think,Mine!!!
I usually just pull the plugs ,open up the little notches in the sides of the filler plug that tend to pinch the wicks, snip the bowtie loops so the wick can spread out,ditch the middle and mouth piece plugs and add a drip tip. On the clearomisers at the first sign of a lower leak of the tube,I do a syringe tube mod. Rocky and I got a deal last yr. on 20-3ml syringes for $3.00 w/free shipping. Some of my syringe mods are 5 months old.

Last edited by 40bikes; 06-27-2011 at 12:43 AM..
Old 06-27-2011, 12:50 AM   #93
Rocketman
New Title of Lord Arse :)
If those are 20 to 30 ml bottles then I'd think about getting a little more. You will probably run out before the election

Nic Juice, Pop Tarts and NATO Ammo, that's where my money's at
SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM
Same Sheet, Different Day
The Shutdown was fun while it lasted.
Rocketman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 01:40 AM   #94
40bikes
One is 500ml of 36 no flav, 1 is 250ml of camel dbl flavor12, another 250 of camel menthol 12
4-120 ml 36 noflav,4-60 ml 48 no flav,6-50ml 24 the rest are flavored 10,20 30s.
4-16 oz Food grade VGs,1-16oz PG from the Walgreens.
All kept in the Freezer since purchase. (RY I've never noticed loss of flavor)
I'm good
Old 06-27-2011, 07:42 AM   #95
rglassmyer
How does the dbl flavor camel compare to real camels and where did it come from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RY4 View Post
Feel free to complain about prices... I do. Don't matter if you have money or not, always better to save and I love a good sale. There are times I may pay more for something though just so I don't have to put up with crappy customer service.
I have an innate distrust of CS in general, I innately think they're all out for sales, not to satisfy individual customers. Mike's CSRs at lecig did point me in the right direction instead of just suggesting the basic starter though. You folks led me there in the first place
Old 06-27-2011, 10:24 AM   #96
Vapezilla
Dragon Rider
Quote:
One is 500ml of 36 no flav, 1 is 250ml of camel dbl flavor12, another 250 of camel menthol 12
4-120 ml 36 noflav,4-60 ml 48 no flav,6-50ml 24 the rest are flavored 10,20 30s.
4-16 oz Food grade VGs,1-16oz PG from the Walgreens.
All kept in the Freezer since purchase. (RY I've never noticed loss of flavor)
I'm good
Hey bikes. Freezer??? You freeze them? I have put mine in the door of the fridge part in ziplock bags. My freedomsmoke did lose some flavor but that one tends lose flavor over time anyway. My lecig stuff has not lost flavor. Think it was Smokie who told me I should not store in fridge. Anyway, Rocky is going to post something on storage at some point. Till then, I'm just keeping it in the fridge. It has seemed to work so far.

Spitfire Mod
Dragonian Mod V2

Animals

Maps

Old 06-27-2011, 10:28 AM   #97
Vapezilla
Dragon Rider
Quote:
How does the dbl flavor camel compare to real camels and where did it come from?

I have an innate distrust of CS in general, I innately think they're all out for sales, not to satisfy individual customers. Mike's CSRs at lecig did point me in the right direction instead of just suggesting the basic starter though. You folks led me there in the first place
CS has become awful everywhere in all industries and CS alone can bring me to the decision to never shop there again--- not that most companies would care. I do understand some customers can be unreasonable but I always look to what is fair and their professionalism.

Spitfire Mod
Dragonian Mod V2

Animals

Maps

Old 06-27-2011, 01:47 PM   #98
40bikes
Sorry RG haven't tried the DBL flav yet, I really liked some of their(Gourmet Vapor) single camel menthol last year. The camel menthol listed is 2X as well. These are meant for DIY with some of my unflavored nic juices along with VG
Camel is just a nicer(for me) tobacco base than marlboro/USA mix. I also use french pipe and 555. personal preferences;NOTHING tastes like burning tobacco.
GV has a 50% off sale going 'til 4th of July.
Old 06-27-2011, 01:55 PM   #99
DragOn
DragOn SteamWerx
Hey Bikes..I read somewhere you can make the juice taste just like analogs...by flicking ashes in your drink first....
Old 06-27-2011, 02:36 PM   #100
Vapezilla
Dragon Rider
Quote:
Originally Posted by berger View Post
Hey Bikes..I read somewhere you can make the juice taste just like analogs...by flicking ashes in your drink first....
Ewww....

Spitfire Mod
Dragonian Mod V2

Animals

Maps