Vapeatron NewsVapeatron E-Cigarette ForumNew User FAQModel GuideE-Liquid InformationSuppliers and Retailers
 
Go Back   E-Cigarette Forums > Vapeatron Community > E-Cigarette General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2012, 08:36 PM   #1
Time Lord
puff's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: on the other side of a time rift
Posts: 566
Iv been vaping for about 5 months or so now one EGO stile battery's with a mini nova. Im looking to step up a bit and would like your opinion in this. I dont have a tun of cash to throw around on this so this is what Im thinking.
A Legacy,kick and a AGA-T (DID clone I think). Just wondering if this is a good setup pr is there something better for about the same give or take. Thank in advance.
puff is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old 12-12-2012, 11:15 PM   #2
Senior Member
fsors's Avatar
Join Date: May 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 6,746
check out the vamo and did clones are good too
fsors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 07:17 AM   #3
Time Lord
puff's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: on the other side of a time rift
Posts: 566
I'm really wanting mechanical mod. Something durable without being to big
puff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:45 AM   #4
DragOn SteamWerx
DragOn's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: SOUTH of M/D Line
Posts: 18,082
Other then an Omega unit from altsmoke I dont really know of any other full on mechanical mods around anymore
DragOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:13 AM   #5
Banned
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 24,919
Quote:
Originally Posted by berger View Post
Other then an Omega unit from altsmoke I dont really know of any other full on mechanical mods around anymore
Bolt>Madvapes has them for $35
Steampunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 02:03 PM   #6
Super Cool Guy
therealcmac's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 1,047
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steampunk View Post
Bolt>Madvapes has them for $35
I don't think the Bolt is a mech mod. Isn't the Silver Bullet all mechanical though?
__________________
Feel free to check out my hardware and juice reviews!

Oh ya and, do you ship to Canada??
First Class USPS is 14 days to Canada...fun fact.
therealcmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 02:06 PM   #7
New Title of Lord Arse :)
Rocketman's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 9,066
Both have an 'electro/mechanical switch' in them.
One has a GOOD switch.

The 'Telescope' has a mechanical switch.
__________________
A good e-juice, fresh carto, and 3.7 volts from a REALLY BIG battery works for me.

Nic Juice, Pop Tarts and NATO Ammo, that's where my money's at
SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM
Same Sheet, Different Day
The Shutdown was fun while it lasted.
Rocketman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 02:46 PM   #8
Super Cool Guy
therealcmac's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 1,047
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
Both have an 'electro/mechanical switch' in them.
One has a GOOD switch.

The 'Telescope' has a mechanical switch.
Ok cool
__________________
Feel free to check out my hardware and juice reviews!

Oh ya and, do you ship to Canada??
First Class USPS is 14 days to Canada...fun fact.
therealcmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 04:16 PM   #9
I almost dood it!?!
Vapin Noob's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 12,480
Quote:
Originally Posted by berger View Post
Other then an Omega unit from altsmoke I dont really know of any other full on mechanical mods around anymore
Smoke Revolt has the Excalibur Telescopic, The lance 18650 and 14400 units, and the mini.

Thought the Bolt was a mech mod as well.
__________________
Just chillin..

Ladis & getns, the clicky sig pic!
Vapin Noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 04:18 PM   #10
I almost dood it!?!
Vapin Noob's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 12,480
Quote:
Originally Posted by puff View Post
I'm really wanting mechanical mod. Something durable without being to big
If you are no a budget I'd recommend the Bolt with extention tube + the kick. Seams to be a popular setup. Thouh I'm not "kicking" it at the moment, recently got a Bolt and am likeing soo much might get another.
__________________
Just chillin..

Ladis & getns, the clicky sig pic!
Vapin Noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 04:33 PM   #11
DragOn SteamWerx
DragOn's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: SOUTH of M/D Line
Posts: 18,082
only the telescope is fully mechanical..and definitely not in a class with a legacy as far as build quality and materials...but that said your paying a good bit more for it too..personally i dont see the reason for a full mechanical but to each their own I guess

Last edited by DragOn; 12-13-2012 at 04:35 PM..
DragOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 05:38 PM   #12
Time Lord
puff's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: on the other side of a time rift
Posts: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by berger View Post
only the telescope is fully mechanical..and definitely not in a class with a legacy as far as build quality and materials...but that said your paying a good bit more for it too..personally i dont see the reason for a full mechanical but to each their own I guess
It dosent have to be 100% mechanical but not looking for something like a Provari, lavatube, Vamo ect. although if I was it would be a Provari.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vapin Noob View Post
If you are no a budget I'd recommend the Bolt with extention tube + the kick. Seams to be a popular setup. Thouh I'm not "kicking" it at the moment, recently got a Bolt and am likeing soo much might get another.
Im looking for some thing a little bit nicer looking than the Bolt. Would love something like a P+ 18650 but a pit out of my price range
puff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 06:03 PM   #13
Senior Member
page961's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Sausalito, CA
Posts: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by puff View Post
It dosent have to be 100% mechanical but not looking for something like a Provari, lavatube, Vamo ect. although if I was it would be a Provari.


Im looking for some thing a little bit nicer looking than the Bolt. Would love something like a P+ 18650 but a pit out of my price range
Well, puff,puff, For vaping for only 5 mos, and you want to step it up a level , understandable, every vaper has started that way, May I ask you a question? Why a mechanical device? maybe I missed something here.... For the budget minded, maybe the Vamo ( check the reviews) that seems to be a nice device to start... and for 59.00 not a bad price. Just my 2 cents....

Last edited by page961; 12-13-2012 at 06:04 PM.. Reason: wording
page961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 06:23 PM   #14
Time Lord
puff's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: on the other side of a time rift
Posts: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by page961 View Post
Well, puff,puff, For vaping for only 5 mos, and you want to step it up a level , understandable, every vaper has started that way, May I ask you a question? Why a mechanical device? maybe I missed something here.... For the budget minded, maybe the Vamo ( check the reviews) that seems to be a nice device to start... and for 59.00 not a bad price. Just my 2 cents....
I work a lot and have to stealth vape a lot. so something small non flashy and no lights is a must. I would love a vamo or Provary for home at some some point and will look in to the vamo for that more as its at a good price. But for now I would like to get something like the Legacy mini or the like and am trying to get something built well that will last with out braking the bank. A electric switch like the EGO is cool.
puff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 06:25 PM   #15
New Title of Lord Arse :)
Rocketman's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 9,066
Buying another APV is a good thing.
Double up on the model you have, or branch out and try something else.
Decide if you want compatibility with your current batteries, charger, and cartos as those costs play into it. If you have the extra bucks or are just looking for an excuse to build up your vaping supplies (Santa brought it dear) building up vaping equipment and supplies just makes sense. Remember that we have just started into the Snail Mail holiday season.
Don't forget juice, cartos, ammo, etc.

Think of the poor sap that said:
"I had to drive up to the Stop-N-Shop yesterday for a pack of smokes and now I'm out and have to go back again today. I might have to start buying them 2 packs at a time. This running out everyday is wasting gas".
__________________
A good e-juice, fresh carto, and 3.7 volts from a REALLY BIG battery works for me.

Nic Juice, Pop Tarts and NATO Ammo, that's where my money's at
SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM
Same Sheet, Different Day
The Shutdown was fun while it lasted.
Rocketman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 06:39 PM   #16
Time Lord
puff's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: on the other side of a time rift
Posts: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
Buying another APV is a good thing.
Double up on the model you have, or branch out and try something else.
Decide if you want compatibility with your current batteries, charger, and cartos as those costs play into it. If you have the extra bucks or are just looking for an excuse to build up your vaping supplies (Santa brought it dear) building up vaping equipment and supplies just makes sense. Remember that we have just started into the Snail Mail holiday season.
Don't forget juice, cartos, ammo, etc.

Think of the poor sap that said:
"I had to drive up to the Stop-N-Shop yesterday for a pack of smokes and now I'm out and have to go back again today. I might have to start buying them 2 packs at a time. This running out everyday is wasting gas".
Im running all ego stuff right. Twist, pass through and a spinner (atleast till some one stole my vape case today) now im down to just the spinner. so as long as it 510 im good
puff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 07:22 PM   #17
Senior Member
EgoManiac's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Posts: 720
One of my favorite mods is a Kicked Legacy with an 18650 extension tube. The Legacy is a very solid mechanical device, and with the Kick I get protection and power regulation. It's a very nice setup, and with the 18650, battery life between charges is just fine.

I'd like to pick up a Legacy Mini just 'cuz it looks so cool, but from comments I've read on the PureSmoker forum, there's not even room in there for a 2 For Safety fuse with the 18350 battery. With the extension tube, you can run a Kick in the Mini, but that kind of defeats the "stealth" purpose ...

As with all mechanicals, especially Kicked ones, you need to keep the threads and contacts clean, but it's only about a five minute job once a week, so no worries for me ... if you're hot for a mechanical, I can certainly recommend the Legacy with a Kick.
__________________
If you can't get there by a comfortable road, don't go.
EgoManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 07:33 PM   #18
Senior Member
page961's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Sausalito, CA
Posts: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by puff View Post
I work a lot and have to stealth vape a lot. so something small non flashy and no lights is a must. I would love a vamo or Provary for home at some some point and will look in to the vamo for that more as its at a good price. But for now I would like to get something like the Legacy mini or the like and am trying to get something built well that will last with out braking the bank. A electric switch like the EGO is cool.
I understand, Maybe look at a bottom feeder,, Vapage....Small, no lights, I have one. Not noticeable, I like it. I go around town with this device. Easy to use, you can stealth vape also.

Last edited by page961; 12-13-2012 at 07:41 PM.. Reason: wording
page961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:03 PM   #19
Time Lord
puff's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: on the other side of a time rift
Posts: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by page961 View Post
I understand, Maybe look at a bottom feeder,, Vapage....Small, no lights, I have one. Not noticeable, I like it. I go around town with this device. Easy to use, you can stealth vape also.
not a big fan of the Vmod. Just couldn't get in to it. I had an XL sitting on my desk for like 4 months just staring at me and I couldn't bring my self to even charge the battery's
puff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:08 PM   #20
Senior Member
page961's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Sausalito, CA
Posts: 164
Well, puff. (Smok)Telescope
page961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:13 PM   #21
Senior Member
fsors's Avatar
Join Date: May 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 6,746
Quote:
Originally Posted by page961 View Post
Well, puff. (Smok)Telescope
I got one on a co-op cheap and works well 18350-18650
fsors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:16 PM   #22
Time Lord
puff's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: on the other side of a time rift
Posts: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by page961 View Post
Well, puff. (Smok)Telescope
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsors View Post
I got one on a co-op cheap and works well 18350-18650
Ill check it out...didnt think of one of those
puff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:17 PM   #23
Senior Member
page961's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Sausalito, CA
Posts: 164
Well Puff, It seems to me you have all the right stuff, 18350-18650 batts interchange well on that device.
page961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:19 PM   #24
Time Lord
puff's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: on the other side of a time rift
Posts: 566
can you put a kick in it?
puff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:20 PM   #25
Banned
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 24,919
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
Both have an 'electro/mechanical switch' in them.
One has a GOOD switch.

The 'Telescope' has a mechanical switch.
OK, they have the Roughstack for $45.
Steampunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:20 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Powered by
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3