Vapeatron NewsVapeatron E-Cigarette ForumNew User FAQModel GuideE-Liquid InformationSuppliers and Retailers
 
Go Back   E-Cigarette Forums > Vapeatron Community > E-Cig Customizing and DIY

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-06-2011, 09:16 AM   #1
Hypervaporation in effect
wetwire's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Deep in the Heart of the greatest state in the Union
Posts: 1,806
TIFWIW - Just a snip from here:

http://bigdaddyvapor.com/index.php?main_page=page&id=8


Quote:
Flavors and Juices that are known to react with polycarbonate
Sour flavors
Malic acid
Citrus acid
Cinnamon like "atomic cinnamon" types, not warm cinnamon like cinnamon coffee cake, this is okay
Wintergreen juice or flavoring
TPA ripe banana flavoring
TPA honeysuckle flavoring
TPA maraschino cherry flavoring
TPA cherry blossom flavoring
TPA root beer flavoring
Mrs. T's strawberry shortcake, snickerdoodle
KBV Hummingbird nectar
mimosa(because of the orange)
cola(because of cinnamon)?
Vapor Renu Teaberry, cherry vanilla (possibly most of their flavors)
Vapor Renu Mt. Dew baha blast and Strawberry limeade
Oil based/e liquid that contains essential oils, when mixed with pg/vg, creates esters which will crack plastics
E liquids that contain triacetin, used in vg liquids to carry flavor more effectively
Vapalicious Gooey Butter Cake
Nutmeg
Clove oil
Mt. Dew flavoring
TPA Cinnamon Danish flavoring
Sassafras
Rawrvapor Hawaii Sunrise
TPA Vanilla Custard flavoring
Tasty Vapor Cherry Cola
__________________
Drip that tip, to wet the wire. Now vape that juice, no need for fire Hypervaporation effect in effect
wetwire is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old 11-06-2011, 10:04 AM   #2
Senior Member
40bikes's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: West Texas/New Mexico
Posts: 3,323
WW,because I'm a cheap,unadventurous,chinese juice vaping slug I've successfully avoided all of those juices or flavors,but thanks for the info.
I don't think it's related,but all juices contained in cartos on PVs that are dropped or sat on will experience cracked tubes.
__________________
I don't always vape tobacco flavors, but when I do I prefer tres cincos. Keep vaping, my friend.
____________________________________________
Cogito,Ergo,Fume
40bikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 10:33 AM   #3
WTH is a vadmin??
DragOn's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NE
Posts: 18,679
I had CCV redhots eat a clear dcc last week..the side casing literally split when I went to unscrew it off...had it melt the end of a plastic drip tip too before..
DragOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 11:36 AM   #4
RY4
Vapezilla
RY4's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: yonder.... going down right
Posts: 13,014
Thanks WW. Wouldn't have thought some of those flavors would have had a reaction with polycarbonate plastic.
__________________
Vapezilla's PVs...Spitfire Mod Saphira Mod

Radioactive

Every Night

It's Time
RY4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 11:43 AM   #5
Hypervaporation in effect
wetwire's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Deep in the Heart of the greatest state in the Union
Posts: 1,806
Well this was just a snip from their site. Can't confirm the validity of all but some do seem to make sense. Like B .. They don't call em atomic (eat through plastic) fireballs for nada.

Both my clearomizers came loose on day one, from being on my PV, in my pocket I believe. I would not call it rough handling but I would agree they don't care to be bumped around. They are just delicate.. And IMHO not worth the trouble.
__________________
Drip that tip, to wet the wire. Now vape that juice, no need for fire Hypervaporation effect in effect

Last edited by wetwire; 11-06-2011 at 11:45 AM..
wetwire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 11:45 AM   #6
Hypervaporation in effect
wetwire's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Deep in the Heart of the greatest state in the Union
Posts: 1,806
Quote:
Originally Posted by 40bikes View Post
WW,because I'm a cheap,unadventurous,chinese juice vaping slug I've successfully avoided all of those juices or flavors,but thanks for the info.
I don't think it's related,but all juices contained in cartos on PVs that are dropped or sat on will experience cracked tubes.
bet I am cheapier than you.

My wife told me I was a scrooge one time.. I said no hun, Scrooge had $.
__________________
Drip that tip, to wet the wire. Now vape that juice, no need for fire Hypervaporation effect in effect
wetwire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 11:54 AM   #7
RY4
Vapezilla
RY4's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: yonder.... going down right
Posts: 13,014
Quote:
Originally Posted by wetwire View Post
Well this was just a snip from their site. Can't confirm the validity of all but some do seem to make sense. Like B .. They don't call em atomic (eat through plastic) fireballs for nada.

Both my clearomizers came loose on day one, from being on my PV, in my pocket I believe. I would not call it rough handling but I would agree they don't care to be bumped around. They are just delicate.. And IMHO not worth the trouble.
I've had them leak/crack using my ry4 and plain tobacco flavors. Didn't drop any and can't fit them in my pockets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetwire View Post
bet I am cheapier than you.

My wife told me I was a scrooge one time.. I said no hun, Scrooge had $.
I bet I'm a bigger Scrooge and have the little dog with antler horns to prove it
__________________
Vapezilla's PVs...Spitfire Mod Saphira Mod

Radioactive

Every Night

It's Time
RY4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 01:30 PM   #8
Hypervaporation in effect
wetwire's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Deep in the Heart of the greatest state in the Union
Posts: 1,806
Quote:
Originally Posted by RY4 View Post
I've had them leak/crack using my ry4 and plain tobacco flavors. Didn't drop any and can't fit them in my pockets.



I bet I'm a bigger Scrooge and have the little dog with antler horns to prove it
So just the nature of the beast then? I was done with them anyway.. Like I said.. they look gross.

Poor lil dog. Jim Carrey did play Scrooge as well as the Grinch. Think that might be were the dog getting antlers stapled to its head came from.. More or less the same thing. Both great movies.. Get to watch em again in a month! yeah oh oh.. almost forgot.. Nightmare before Christmas.. Love Turkey day to New Year

You're a mean one, Mr. Grinch.
You really are a heel.
You're as cuddly as a cactus,
You're as charming as an eel,
Mr. Grinch.
You're a bad banana with a greasy black peel.
__________________
Drip that tip, to wet the wire. Now vape that juice, no need for fire Hypervaporation effect in effect

Last edited by wetwire; 11-06-2011 at 01:34 PM..
wetwire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 02:22 PM   #9
Senior Member
40bikes's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: West Texas/New Mexico
Posts: 3,323
WW,I've had one of the new ce2s in service daily for a couple days short of 3months. On the old clearos on the first refill I wiggle the tube off and superglue it(just a couple of drops on the connector knurling) and twist it back on. It will still crack along the way but then just wiggle it off and swap ends s/g and vape on
__________________
I don't always vape tobacco flavors, but when I do I prefer tres cincos. Keep vaping, my friend.
____________________________________________
Cogito,Ergo,Fume
40bikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 02:33 PM   #10
RY4
Vapezilla
RY4's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: yonder.... going down right
Posts: 13,014
Quote:
Originally Posted by wetwire View Post
So just the nature of the beast then? I was done with them anyway.. Like I said.. they look gross.

Poor lil dog. Jim Carrey did play Scrooge as well as the Grinch. Think that might be were the dog getting antlers stapled to its head came from.. More or less the same thing. Both great movies.. Get to watch em again in a month! yeah oh oh.. almost forgot.. Nightmare before Christmas.. Love Turkey day to New Year

You're a mean one, Mr. Grinch.
You really are a heel.
You're as cuddly as a cactus,
You're as charming as an eel,
Mr. Grinch.
You're a bad banana with a greasy black peel.
Yeah they do look pretty gross. Yuck. I just stick with what gives me less trouble. Got enough stuff to deal with as it is.

Oh yeah... The Grinch... that is what I was thinking with my doggie but I've got Scrooge down too. I bought pet reindeer antlers one year and put them on my yorkie and she looked just like that little dog. LMAO!!! Awesome song too. All great movies. Favorites are the original Miracle on 34th Street with Natalie Wood (hate the new version) and Christmas Vacation with Chevy Chase. I used to love the holidays but past several years I've grown to dread them
__________________
Vapezilla's PVs...Spitfire Mod Saphira Mod

Radioactive

Every Night

It's Time
RY4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 02:35 PM   #11
RY4
Vapezilla
RY4's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: yonder.... going down right
Posts: 13,014
Quote:
Originally Posted by 40bikes View Post
WW,I've had one of the new ce2s in service daily for a couple days short of 3months. On the old clearos on the first refill I wiggle the tube off and superglue it(just a couple of drops on the connector knurling) and twist it back on. It will still crack along the way but then just wiggle it off and swap ends s/g and vape on
Wow, 3 months is good. I'd say you got more than your monies worth there.
__________________
Vapezilla's PVs...Spitfire Mod Saphira Mod

Radioactive

Every Night

It's Time
RY4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 04:10 PM   #12
Senior Member
40bikes's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: West Texas/New Mexico
Posts: 3,323
WW threw up the cheap gauntlet. I've only used 10 CE2s in the year since I bought my first and 5 of those still work but 4 are awaiting syringe,tank mods or super glue. I fried 4 by dryburning, still extends the life greatly.Still have 7-8 5pks to torture.
__________________
I don't always vape tobacco flavors, but when I do I prefer tres cincos. Keep vaping, my friend.
____________________________________________
Cogito,Ergo,Fume
40bikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 04:55 PM   #13
Peacekeeper
Rose's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: In Your Dreams
Posts: 4,168
Quote:
Originally Posted by RY4 View Post
Yeah they do look pretty gross. Yuck. I just stick with what gives me less trouble. Got enough stuff to deal with as it is.

Oh yeah... The Grinch... that is what I was thinking with my doggie but I've got Scrooge down too. I bought pet reindeer antlers one year and put them on my yorkie and she looked just like that little dog. LMAO!!! Awesome song too. All great movies. Favorites are the original Miracle on 34th Street with Natalie Wood (hate the new version) and Christmas Vacation with Chevy Chase. I used to love the holidays but past several years I've grown to dread them
I'm dreading this Christmas, also.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 05:27 PM   #14
Senior Member
creote46's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 401
Quote:
Originally Posted by 40bikes View Post
WW threw up the cheap gauntlet. I've only used 10 CE2s in the year since I bought my first and 5 of those still work but 4 are awaiting syringe,tank mods or super glue. I fried 4 by dryburning, still extends the life greatly.Still have 7-8 5pks to torture.
I'm getting a full week per clearomizer, then I toss it and start a new one. Compared to a carton a week of cigarettes, I can afford to treat myself.
creote46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 05:29 PM   #15
Senior Member
creote46's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 401
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose View Post
I'm dreading this Christmas, also.
Mine is The Ref.
creote46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 08:47 PM   #16
Hypervaporation in effect
wetwire's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Deep in the Heart of the greatest state in the Union
Posts: 1,806
Bikes - next to WD-40, duct tape, and bailing wire.. Super glue is always within reach..

Not that it works worth a crap half the time... Works great for a temp fix on many things.. my fingers being one of the most common uses. cut a small piece of thin plastic, (like the stuff you cover up food for refrigeration) drop 2-3 drops on it and place over razor knife oopsie.. and your good all day! Great band-aid for sterile healing and get back to doing what you were doing no worse for the wear.

Have made a few attempts at gluing them back together but, will likely use the BD 3mil syringe fix if the need ever arises. I was actually doing just that, this morning and my wife was like.. what the heck is that?
__________________
Drip that tip, to wet the wire. Now vape that juice, no need for fire Hypervaporation effect in effect
wetwire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 09:24 PM   #17
Senior Member
40bikes's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: West Texas/New Mexico
Posts: 3,323
I'm using something from the dollar tree: red tubes twin mylar pack . top of envelope saysthe original superglue. Top header calls it Future Glue" Works a lot better than most super glues.
__________________
I don't always vape tobacco flavors, but when I do I prefer tres cincos. Keep vaping, my friend.
____________________________________________
Cogito,Ergo,Fume
40bikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 09:45 PM   #18
Hypervaporation in effect
wetwire's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Deep in the Heart of the greatest state in the Union
Posts: 1,806
Quote:
Originally Posted by 40bikes View Post
I'm using something from the dollar tree: red tubes twin mylar pack . top of envelope saysthe original superglue. Top header calls it Future Glue" Works a lot better than most super glues.
Was reading that on the Super glue website yesterday. Thought I would try it. These little plastic cases could do with a little spot here and there. Would beat plastic soldering or Chloroform?

I used to have the stuff from Permatex that was made just for those hard to glue plastics. Can't find it anywhere, anymore.
__________________
Drip that tip, to wet the wire. Now vape that juice, no need for fire Hypervaporation effect in effect
wetwire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 10:11 PM   #19
RY4
Vapezilla
RY4's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: yonder.... going down right
Posts: 13,014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose View Post
I'm dreading this Christmas, also.
I really do NOT want to deal with it this year at all. I know yours will be especially tough. I'm here if you need someone to talk to.
__________________
Vapezilla's PVs...Spitfire Mod Saphira Mod

Radioactive

Every Night

It's Time
RY4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 10:32 PM   #20
Dismembered
JohnnyJames's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 1,474
Quote:
Originally Posted by 40bikes View Post
WW threw up the cheap gauntlet. I've only used 10 CE2s in the year since I bought my first and 5 of those still work but 4 are awaiting syringe,tank mods or super glue. I fried 4 by dryburning, still extends the life greatly.Still have 7-8 5pks to torture.
Did you ever try burning them off with one of those butane jet lighters?
__________________
.

I don't often drink beer, but when I do it sure as Hell ain't coming from Mexico.
JohnnyJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 08:26 AM   #21
Peacekeeper
Rose's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: In Your Dreams
Posts: 4,168
Quote:
Originally Posted by RY4 View Post
I really do NOT want to deal with it this year at all. I know yours will be especially tough. I'm here if you need someone to talk to.
Thank you, Sis! Our family get-togethers sure are getting small!
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 12:15 PM   #22
RY4
Vapezilla
RY4's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: yonder.... going down right
Posts: 13,014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose View Post
Thank you, Sis! Our family get-togethers sure are getting small!
Sadly, I don't want to see ANY of my legit family members, especially around the holidays, well except my daughter but she is the only one I'd care to see. I am already plotting how I will get out of this years guilt laying, nagging, bitching, please just blow my brains out visits this year.
__________________
Vapezilla's PVs...Spitfire Mod Saphira Mod

Radioactive

Every Night

It's Time
RY4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 01:33 PM   #23
Peacekeeper
Rose's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: In Your Dreams
Posts: 4,168
Quote:
Originally Posted by RY4 View Post
Sadly, I don't want to see ANY of my legit family members, especially around the holidays, well except my daughter but she is the only one I'd care to see. I am already plotting how I will get out of this years guilt laying, nagging, bitching, please just blow my brains out visits this year.
Sorry to hear that! Have you read "Skipping Christmas" (or something like that) by John Grisham? It is sooo funny. The movie doesn't do it justice.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 05:47 PM   #24
Hypervaporation in effect
wetwire's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Deep in the Heart of the greatest state in the Union
Posts: 1,806
Have Christmas only with the fam you live with and friends.. Much better that way. Or get a new adopt a family each year. I feel your pain.
__________________
Drip that tip, to wet the wire. Now vape that juice, no need for fire Hypervaporation effect in effect
wetwire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 08:26 PM   #25
Peacekeeper
Rose's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: In Your Dreams
Posts: 4,168
Quote:
Originally Posted by wetwire View Post
Have Christmas only with the fam you live with and friends.. Much better that way. Or get a new adopt a family each year. I feel your pain.
I loved my family! They just all happened to die within a three year period! My sister got a clean bill of health in May, only to die in July! Her chemo Doctor is in jail....Poor treatment.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Atomizer thoughts on plastic taste Greenpiece New User Introductions and Questions 54 11-03-2011 09:39 AM
E-Juice Plastic Bottle Odors RY4 E-Cigarette General Discussion 76 10-01-2011 06:22 PM
DIY Poll:Glass Or Plastic? Hou998 E-Cig Customizing and DIY 57 09-11-2011 10:35 AM
Plastic cigarette filters I used to use Dwellsouth E-Cigarette General Discussion 3 02-13-2010 11:21 AM
Business Owners React To Proposed House Smoking Ban - MyNC VapeAtron E-Cigs in the Media 0 04-03-2009 11:08 PM

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:23 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Powered by
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3